Submitting ArtATTENTION: Before submitting, read and understand these requirements thoroughly.
This is a Paid Submission process. Registration Fee - $15.00 includes up to 3 submissions.
Email us beforehand if you have questions about the submition process.
Past Artists: Please read carefully our submission process has changed.
• This is a International Call for Erotic Art.
• Artists are invited to submit recent Erotic Artwork in any medium and subject matter, as long
as it is EROTIC, and legal (created within the last 2 years).
• All submissions must be of original design and personal execution, collaborations are always acceptable.
• All artists must be at least 18 years of age.
• Photographers must keep signed model releases on file, stating their models were at least 18 years of age, and available at our request.
• Artwork submitted to previous Dirty Show exhibitions will not be considered.
• Exhibition Dates: February 7 - February 15, 2020, Detroit, Michigan. Attendance is not required to participate.
Artists are admitted to the exhibition at no charge on any night of their choosing.
• Online Submissions ONLY.
• Deadline for Submission: December 15, 2019, 11:59pm.
• Notification of selected work by email: December 20, 2019.
• All Art must have been created in the last 2 years and complete.
• Hand Delivered 2-D (painting, drawing, photography, etc.) Maximum allowed size: 60" W x 108" H (40 lbs. max)
• Hand Delivered 3-D (sculpture, assemblage, installation) Maximum allowed size: 72"H x 30"W x 30"D. MUST be self-supporting or mountable.
• Shipped 2-D artwork may not exceed: 40"W x 40"H , 40 lbs.
• Shipped 3-D artwork may not exceed: 30" W x 30"D x 40"H, 40 lbs.
• Installations requiring assembly must obtain prior approval or be installed by artist.
• Video/Film Submissions: Click the Film/Video Submissions link at the top of this page, Film and Video submissions are not processed through this Art Call site.
Resizing and Uploading your Images:
Artists may submit no more than 3 works for consideration.
Image files must be in jpg (jpeg) or Png formats and high quality.
File size requirments: 4MB maximum per image. Image Minimum length on longest side: 960 pixels. Image Maximum length on longest side: 1980 pixels.
A single image of each piece is required. If applying with 3D or dimensional work, editing multiple views together to comprise a single image is acceptable. No more than 1 Attachment can be uploaded for each piece submitted.
Submitting photos of art in frames is not necessary, but acceptable. When submitting the "Size", submit the art size only (Not the frame).
The details are important, use the best possible images of your work. Rejection of your work may be the result of poor image quality.
Use a Photo editing program to adjust the size of your images, if you do not own any photo editing programs search Google "free photo editing software." One free program with good reviews is PhotoPad, available here: http://www.nchsoftware.com/photoeditor it works on Windows and Mac.
Online Image resizeing tool - http://www.photoresizer.com
Image File naming format: (All images submitted must be named in this manner).
Lastname_Firstname_ArtworkTitle, (example: Doe_Jane_Lovers.jpg). If the title is long, a shortened version is acceptable.
"Untitled" works must include a number or descriptor (example: Doe_Jane_Untitled1.jpeg, or Doe_Jane_UntitledRedShoes).
All entries received will be viewed and selected by a panel of jurists made up from the Dirty Show organization.
Selected Work: The Jury process will begin following the deadline, If your work is selected, it must arrive presentation-ready (framed or with appropriate installation materials, etc.), consider those costs when pricing your work. Even work hand-delivered should be in some type of box.
• All art must be for sale and priced by the artist. The Dirty Show charges a 35% commission on all sold work. Payment for sold work is sent via check to the artist at their registered address, within 14-21 days following the event.
• Pre-approval must be obtained for any work listed as "Not For Sale", (NFS), this only occurs in very rare and limited circumstances.
Shipping Note: If accepted, shipping or delivery TO AND FROM the Exhibition, and the costs associated with it, are the responsibility of the Artist. Consult with your courier of choice before submitting large work that needs to be shipped.
Submission of an entry in this competition automatically constitutes the entrant's acceptance of all competition rules, as well as its terms and conditions. This entry also gives the Exhibition the permission to use a photo likeness of your artwork for marketing proposes. The jury panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Accepted artists will be notified by email. The Dirty Show reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if the quality does not reflect the images submitted or if the artist violates requirements.
The Artist shall hold Dirty Show, LLC harmless from and against any loss, expense, or damage occasioned by any claim, demand, suit, or recovery against The Dirty Show LLC arising out of the exhibition and sale of the work, or for the use of the work by the Dirty Show in the promotion and advertising of the exhibition.
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to assure protection of selected work, however the Dirty Show LLC assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause - including shipping to, or from the show, submit at your own risk.
• Collect all of your data and prepare images before submitting.
• Submit the best images possible. Photos should be clear and accurately represent your submissions.
• Only submit work that falls within the size dimension guidelines, larger works must be pre-approved.
• Make sure that your image files are in jpeg format and 4MB or less.
• Double check your file titles. They should look like this: Lastname_Firstname_ArtTitle.jpg
• When pricing your work, remember to consider other costs, for framing and shipping, etc.
• Artists are resposible for all shipping fees, both to and from the show.
• Include all the requested information on the application. Double check your contact info,
an incorrect email address will result in you not receiving any notifications.
• Submit early, to avoid last minute problems. This allows time to adjust any issues.
• IMPORTANT: Make sure your web browser is current and up-to-date.
Questions: If you still have questions about the process, please email at email@example.com
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
The first step is to carefully read and understand these guidelines.
Then click the green +Register button in the upper right hand corner of this page,
You will need to have your credit card ready to make your $15 registration fee payment.
You will pay only once to submit up to three (3) works. Fees are non-refundable.
After registering and creating your account, login to your account using the email address and password that you registered with. Find the Login button in the upper right corner of the page. Once logged in you will enter the details about your first submission, and then upload the image file for that submission. After that, you can continue entering the remainder of your submissions, or you can logout and come back at a later time to enter more or to make edits to your account or submission information, this option to edit is only available until the submission Deadline December 15.
To log back into your Dirty Show Submission Account, return to DirtyShow21.artcall.org and click the Login link at the upper right of the page.
Please read the requirements carefully. By submitting, you are agreeing to these guidelines and out Terms and Conditions.
DELIVERY OF ART WORK: Artists whose work is selected to be in the Dirty Show Exhibition will receive notification with instructions, dates and times for delivery or shipping to the Exhibition.
Performance / Installations